Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How do I pass forwards a text message to a specific group i.e.

How do I pass forwards a text message to a specific group i.e. "friends" on my Samsung GT-S5830i ?
CS
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.Open the text itself so you can read it. Tap and hold your finger down on the part you want to forward.

In the menu that opens tap on forward. At the top click on the little icon that looks like a person.
Now at the top of the contact window tap on groups you may have to slide right to find it.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy. When I hold finger on message comes up forward but no icon that looks like a person. Comes up "To" Have entered Friends but have been told should tick each name ? The message not sent as name Friends not recognised - there is not a "Send" on friends page only usual Search Add & cancel.! CS

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
At the top inside the "to" line on the right side the icon should be there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry no icon. Underneath " To line " only Recent Contacts Groups.

Have pressed Groups and opened Friends ticked appropriate names

but don't know how to then send the message.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It would not be underneath it, it would be part of the to line. If you are at the point you can put checks in peoples names you are there. Swipe the screen to move from contacts to groups. It could be on either the right or left side.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry , no icon on the 'To' Line. Have pressed the Groups which has come up

Selected Friends and names ticked names but where do I go from there

to send same message to them. Is it on the Message page or the contacts page The only Send is on the message page .

Sorry I'm sure it's more simple than it seems. CS

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you have a + icon? You may have that instead of the icon that looks like a person.
Then at the top you would touch the tab that says groups at the top. Otherwise if you have everyone checked already it will send to everyone you checked in one message making it a group conversation automatically.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK.

Thanks for the info. Will keep trying. CS

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
.