Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have an InFocus IN104 projector which has operated fine

I have an InFocus IN104 projector which has operated fine for a couple of years and is now out of warranty. We use it with a Dell laptop to display Powerpoint and other Office applications. Now, it cuts out a short time after switching on a connecting the data cable. It is not the bulb blowing as it comes on again after re-start, but cuts out again shortly after wards. Can anyone help ?
Adrian
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Adrian,
It seems the temperature sensor is tripping out.
Firstly, check that the air vents are not blocked or obstructed, causing the projector to overheat and cut out.
Also note that older lamps tend to run significantly hotter than new ones, and are often the cause of thermal cutouts.
There is a thermal SRCB attached to the main body of the lamp housing that will cut off the 240v supply if it trips. Make sure that this breaker isn't tripping too early. If it is, replace it - do NOT bypass it or short it out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, where can I find the SRCB ? I have lamp out - what do I look for ?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Adrian,
You may need to carry out some further disassembly of the projector.
The sensor will be a small object located near the lamp with two wires going to it.
If you are unable to locate it, please try attaching some photos of the inside of the projector and I will have a look for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to attach a photo as the upload function does not work - could you send a photo of a thermal SRCB ?