Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Cannot connect Phillips PicoPix projector to Laptop. Computer

Cannot connect Phillips PicoPix projector to Laptop. Computer only recognises it as a mass storage devise. Driver is installed and working correctly.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You have to install the software package in order to do this.
You can install it from my link below
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=PPX2330/EU&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=GB&slg=ENG
Double click on PicopixFunViewer to start the installation.
Follow the on screen installation steps and reboot the computer once completed.
launch the "PicoPix Fun Viewer" application by double-clicking on the ""Picopix Fun Viewer"" icon on the desktop or you can go to Start Menu -> All the programs -> picopix viewer
Once running select the mode and brightness you want to use and click OK.
To stop using the projector please exit the program from the task bar.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The driver failed to load on windows 7. The following was displayed on screen

'set interface to subdiplay- fail'

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you said before in your initial statement
"Driver is installed and working correctly."
What driver where you then referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know much about drivers. When I first connected the device the message on screen said ' your driver is installed and working correctly'

If I go to the control panel it says no driver located for this USB device.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, on my link which software version did you choose to install Liam?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we will continue here. I installed driver for windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and no problem.
Restart the computer again.
Then on the file you downloaded, instead of double clicking it to start the installation, right click on it and select Run As Administrator.
Try to install it this way.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same result

set interface to subdiplay -fail

then

switch to bulk failure

then

please check that usb device is connected

The projector is connected and running but the computer does not seem to recognise it.

I have to go to work shortly so may have to continue later. I have 15 mins.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, plug the projector into a different port on the computer and then try again to install.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried all four ports on PC and get the same reply as before each time.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we need to confirm if the projectors port has not faulted.
Can you connect it to a different computer and try to install it on this.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No other computer available right now.. I'll come back to you later

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried the device on another computer and the result is exactly the same. I still only recognises it as a mass storage devise and puts up an auto play box with 'open folder to view files'. When I downloaded the driver you sent the exact same thing happens. As a matter of interest the product code is 'ppx2055'

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue Liam which is why I wanted to do this test.
It is the data port or the cable that has faulted. It is a hardware fault.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the projector to have it tested and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has expired, and the replacement will be done at know cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer