Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Ipad2 is disabled so I can't put in the Apple password *****

My Ipad2 is disabled so I can't put in the Apple password ***** instructed. If necessary the memory can be completely erased, although I was hoping to retain the Telegraph app.
David Burbridge.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean you cannot access the screen on the iPad at all? Or you get this disabled message when trying to install an app?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I try to turn on the Ipad it immediately informs me "Ipad is Disabled - connect to ITunes" but Itunes doesn't seem to offer any help at all. I wasn't trying to install anything. The problem stems from the fact that the Ipad wasn't used for a couple of months or so and presumably needs updating.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David.
We will then have to reset it via iTunes.
It will return the device to new, and remove all data and this we cannot avoid but you will be able to install the Telegraph app again.
Please do the following.
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPAd in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work
Let me know the results please