Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Lumix DMC FZ45 . it takes pictures onto different

i have a Lumix DMC FZ45 . it takes pictures onto different brand sd cards then on reinserting sd into camera the images are lost and card shows empty and unable to record pictures onto it. The pictures can be recovered with special wondershare recovery softwawre but what is the underlying problem in the camera
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You say you reinsert the SD card, when you remove it, what are you plugging it into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 7 laptop with picasa

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WINDOWS 7 LAPTOP WITH PICASA OR APPLE MAC OS10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Roger,
This will be changing the format of the card so that when you put it back in, the camera cannot read the format.
Try to do this please.
Make some picture, put it in the computer but do not open Picasa, just go to Start, Computer and copy the photos directly from the memory card to the computer, then put the memory card back in the camera and tell me if it can be read please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

UNABLE AS LATEST CARD INSERTED IN CAMERA WILL NOW NOT RECORD TO CARD ONLY TO BUILT IN MEMORY WHICH IS FULLIS FULL . I CAN TRY A NEW CARD

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, put the card ion the computer, then go to start, computer
Right click on the card and choose Format.
Then complete this and try it in the camera.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FORMATTING SAYS IT WILL ERASE ALL DATA.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Use a card you do not need the data on it for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FORMATTED AN EMPTY DISC

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Now test in the camera please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RECORDS ONTO CARD AND DOWNLOADS TO PC BUT NOT AS 14MB ONLY AS 5.5

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, dont exactly understand the last part of your statement sorry, but if you put the card back in the camera does it still read it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES IT DOES , BUT IS THE PROBLEM SWAPPING BETWWN PC AND MAC THAT IS MAKING THE CARDS UNREADABLE ANYWHERE

AFTER A SINGLE TRANSFER ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as the format changes.
You need to copy the photos to the computer then just copy over the photos themselves.
Its not the camera thats the issue Roger, but the switching between the computers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LAST QUESTION ; SHOULD I FORMATT NEW CARDS BEFORE USING THEM IN CAMERA AND WHAT IS THE MAC ISSUE

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, this is always best.
The mac changes the file structure, its different to the PC and this is why the problem occurs.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer