Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic 42PZ70BA TV and I wish to connect an

I have a Panasonic 42PZ70BA TV and I wish to connect an SC-HTB885EBK sound bar to it. I only have 2 HDMI sockets and they are currently connected to a Sky box and a DVD player. There is no optical connection available on the TV. I have an existing 5-1 sound system which uses the DVD player as an amplifier and connects to the TV by means of RCA leads. Is it is possible to connect the sound bar to the TV please?
Alan Harris, Berwick-upon-Tweed, UK
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will need to use a 2 in 1 adapter so it auto switches when needed.
You would connect the Sky and DVD on this and the soundbar on its own port.
The adapter you can purchase here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-Automatic-Manual-Switcher-Black/dp/B001LMLR9Y
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.