Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Experts. Re - Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000 2 mths from new

Customer Question

Hello Experts. Re - Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000 2 mths from new (Currys) I have only taken a couple of hundred pics and mostly on 'Intelligent Auto'with superb results,very quick auto-focus and fantastic lens. However, when on Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or Program AE mode the camera does not focus. I thought this was due to my inexperience but today at an Adult Education Camera Class the very experienced teacher advised that there was probably a problem with the camera but to first check on the web for advice. The camera has not been dropped or knocked. Could there be something I have missed in the operational menu or should I return the camera?
Thanks,
Dr Rodney Pell
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Dr. Rodney - You could try one thing before returning the camera - a factory restore of the settings. You can do this by going to the "Setup" menu and choosing reset. I would probably recommend a return/exchange through the retailer if you are within the terms...otherwise you are definitely within the 1 year warranty period from Panasonic and they will be able to service/replace the unit for you if the reset does not resolve it.