Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a DVDRecorder DMR-EZ49VEB which is not working at present.Where

I have a DVDRecorder DMR-EZ49VEB which is not working at present.Where can it be repaired?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Maybe we can solve it here
How is it not working for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I select DVDdrive and press play and the TV picture continues. Similarly when I pick the VHS drive and press play the TV coninues even though it appears to be playing on the machine.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, change the input source on the TV and make sure it is on the input source the DVD is set to.
So HDMI 1 or 2 or AV ect as it sounds like its on the wrong input.
Do you then see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I now have it on the right input and the DVD is working but the VHS picture very mixed up and is not readable.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you try a different VHS tape please Brian.
Same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried a different tape There is no change.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Then either the heads in the VHS unit are dirty or have faulted.
You will have to clean them and you do this with a cleaning tap such as this one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SVHS-video-cassette-cleaning-system/dp/B004G5X5ZW
If after doing this you still have the problem, then the VHS heads has faulted and will need to be replaced. You would need to take it into a repair store for this.
Nearly always though it just needs a clean with the tape.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.