Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I cannot log on to aol via desktop. When I try the screen

Customer Question

I cannot log on to aol via desktop. When I try the screen shows the aol picture and the text says "Opening AOL Desktop" but it never gets there. After a long pause a window comes up saying "aol will now inslall the files required for you to connect to the service. Click yes to install these files. I click yes and it goes through all this routine again. I can log on by going through Windows Explorer but I am happier with the screen I get when logged on through desktop. I have went to a neighbours house down the road and I could log on easily through the AOL Desktop.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! You might try uninstalling AOL desktop from your computer, and then install the latest version from AOL's website. You can download it here: http://discover.aol.com/aoldesktop97/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dresteve, I have been trying to find out how I can uninstall my existing version of AOL but I don't know how to do it.

So you would go to control panel >> programs & features >> locate AOL desktop, right click and choose uninstall