Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Note 1 just won't switch on anymore, no matter how many

Customer Question

My Note 1 just won't switch on anymore, no matter how many times i press the on button. even with fully charged battery and when plugged in with charger... can you please help/advise?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Note and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Note.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard - just tried your suggestion and no response from phone :-(

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, connect the charger, wait 5 minutes then with it still connected, hold the volume UP and Power up to 10 seconds and tell me if it now powers on please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Richard doing that now, i also checked that the charger works ok by plugging it in another device.

So i will do as you suggested and charge the Note for 5mins ....etc

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just did it and still no luck...

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted sorry Colin, we have excluded all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard - That bad news for me as its just out of warranty :-(

I am happy with your quick responses and service, but as the issue was not resolved will i still be charged the 11 pounds if I give you a positive rating...

How does it work, when you get a good service but issues not fixed? Are you still expected to pay the fee? Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is for my service you pay Colin.
If we were only paid for fixing no one would have taken your case for the chance it is not fixable. It is the service you pay for Colin in order to confirm the outcome.
Now you know for sure the issue with it and this is what you paid for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard - I've approved the payment for your service, but as a last attempt is there anything else you can suggest, as there alot of stuff on my phone i will loss if it's not fixed and to try and get it repaired will not be cost effective. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No sorry, I can promise you Colin if there was anything else to attempt, we would have done it. Unless the phone turns on, the data on it is not accessible sorry.