Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

MY SONY KDL37V4000 IS CAUSING PROBLEMS-THE STANDBY INDICATOR

Customer Question

MY SONY KDL37V4000 IS CAUSING PROBLEMS-THE STANDBY INDICATOR IS FLASHING GREEN-CANNOT GET A PICTURE AND THEIR IS A CLICKING NOISE FROM INSIDE THE TV i.e.CLOCK
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn the TV on and tell me if it now starts please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TELEVISION STILL WILL NOT START

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan, we have confirmed the issue
It is the internal power board that has faulted. The clicking you hear is it trying to start, It will likley be a blown capacitor
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.