Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My ue50f6670 turns off one minute after I turn it on

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does TV turn itself back On when shut Off after one minute?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tv purchased January 2014 .it turns to standby after it has been on for one minute
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Simon for the info.
Does TV display normal picture with sound while it stay On?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to disconnect TV from internet (if it is connected to modem/ router) and check if TV stays longer or shuts down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot as tv won't stay on to check
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Its easy, if TV connected through Ethernet cable, just unplug it from TV or modem.
If TV connected through wifi, turn Off the router for a while and check.
Please bookmark this page/ save the page link to open it up at later as we might disconnect when your turn off the router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The same
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, we need to go to second step of troubleshooting now, do you have multimmeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV if wish to repair the TV yourself or want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info only?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Repair cost
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failing main board of TV where all video input jacks are located, main processor chip detects some internal failure and TV shuts Off due to protection mode, swapping the main board in TV will help to resolve the problem.
Required main board of TV would be available around 50 Pounds and local TV tech would charge around 50 to 60 Pounds as labor to replace it.
Please check following link to view main board image and price info..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-UE50F6670SBXXU-Genuine-Main-AV-Board-Part-No-BN94-06727U-/261835221127?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf6986887
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.