Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Leica dlux type 109.Somehow I must have changed the

I have a Leica dlux type 109.Somehow I must have changed the picture size setting as it is taking square pictures rather than rectangular ones.how do I reset it so that it takes rectangular pictures again?
Rachel
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is the aspect ratio you changed. Go to Menu, Rec, Picture Size and change the Aspect Ration to 16:9 to get it back to a rectangle.
You can see this on page 107 of the manual here
http://en.leica-camera.com/content/download/121845/1237829/version/7/file/Instruction_LeicaD-Lux%28Typ+109%29_EN.pdf
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have gone into picture size and there are three options L10m,M 5M and S 2.5M.It doesn't mention aspect ratios.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to go to Aspect Ration please Rachel
Click on the link I gave
And go to page 107 as you see the pictures for the icons there that will take you to Aspect Ration.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but I have clicked that link to manual and all that comes up is picture size.I am unable to get it to display aspect ratio.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, very strange as this is the instructions for the model you gave.
Within your settings will be a setting for Aspect Ration, can you check all settings for this please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have looked. Through all settings and can't find mention of aspect ratio.
Anywhere.
It is strange as I was taking 14:9 pictures before
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, look for Reset then as 14:9 is default so reset the settings and then tell me if it functions correctly please Rachel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have reset it but the viewing screen is still square!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, check for Aspect Ration in the settings now please Rachel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's just the same.Picture size only in three sizes and all square.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** could never have caused this to begin with. Its a fault with the camera and will be with the internal memory on it.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.