Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a fuji f550exr, it turned on as normal, then shut

hi i have a fuji f550exr, it turned on as normal, then shut down with the lense still open and will not do anything. i have charged the battery fully but still not doing anything.
any ideas please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Power it on and push the Lens in a little to get it to retract as the motor may have jammed.
Tell me if it then functions correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried to power it on and push lens, still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Remove the battery and wait 10 minutes for all residue power to drain please Neil
Then put the battery back in, power it on and tell me if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richie i had left it without a battery in the camera whilst charging the battery earlier, still nothing when i put the charged battery in.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks ***** is the drive motor that has faulted. This is either the motor itself or the mainboard controlling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camers to a diagnostics performed on it and this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.