Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

DVD recorder model DMR-EX95VEBS inserted a DVD and the recorder

Customer Question

DVD recorder model DMR-EX95VEBS inserted a DVD and the recorder is locked into HDD and continuously plays items from the recordings. no response to changing the mode and the EXT-L message is continually displayed. The system is locked and will not respond to opening the tray or any other command.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug recorder power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I unplugged everything then discovered I had broken the circuit of my Sky TV broadband and replaced all the plugs and restarted with exactly the same result. I must inform you I have just celebrated my 80th birthday and cannot crawl about the plugs on the floor! I am also useless with electronics .It is all wired up to my Audiolab Amp. and KEF speakers.as I am a music lover still have my LP records and many CDs

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Christopher for the info,
It seems recorder has got some internal issue, lets try to reset to default settings, press and hold channel up and down buttons on recorder (not on its remote) for 10 seconds to get the recorder reset.
If reset the recorder doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue and main processor board will need to be swapped which cost good money if still available with local Panasonic Parts/ service center and you would be better off with a new recorder instead of spending money and time on this one's repair.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Shahid I answered your message and gave a rating but I am not sure if I have hit the correct button for you to read the reply! Anyway it was to the effect I will invest in a new Blueray thanks again

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Christopher for positive rating to answer, please reply back if it wasn't intended and a new recorder would be good choice at this point.