michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

How do I transfer my phone numbers from my old house phone

Customer Question

How do I transfer my phone numbers from my old house phone to new panasonic KX-TG8151E CORDLESS DIGITAL PHONE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Please tell me the make and model number of the old phone you want to transfer to the new Panasonic phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only know its a bt phone

turn is upside down you will see a sticker which has the make and model number of the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bt synergy 5500

Copy the entire phonebook to another handset
Follow these steps on the bt phone
At the handset you are copying from:
1. Press Names.
2. Scroll to Copy Phonebook and press Select.
3. To Handset is displayed. Press Select.
4. Available handsets are displayed. Scroll or to the handset you
want and press Select. When completed the display shows the number
of entries copied.
5. Press Back to return to the previous menu level.
At the receiving handset:
The display shows Copy Phonebook? Press Yes to begin copying or
No to cancel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does this work with two different makes of phone

the steps i gave above are to transfer contacts between 2 handsets synced with the same BT synergy base. Your BT phone also has the option to transfer phonebook to a mobile sim card
i am listing below steps for the same
1. Insert the SIM card into the SIM READER slot on the side of the base.
2. Press Names.
3. Scroll to Copy Phonebook and press Select.
4. Scroll to either From SIM or To SIM and press Select.
5. If requested, enter your SIM PIN then press OK.
6. Display shows Copying and the name of each entry. When completed the
display shows the number of entries.
7. Press Back to return to the previous menu level.
however unfortunately your panasonic phone does not have an option to transfer phonebook contacts to a simcard or vice versa thereby making it impossible to transfer contacts to panasonic from any other phone
i hope you understand that this is a functional limitation of the panasonic phone
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou but I already new that. Just leave it at that

being an expert my job is to provide you the correct answer to your question which i have shared
since there is a functional limitation in the panasonic model, i have shared the possibilities you have with BT phone and if you like you can try another handset that has option of transferring contacts from\to another handset or simcard
please complete the rating for my service if your question was answered as i have shared the correct and truthful information with you
thanks for choosing just answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What happens to my £27 x I u derstand that I just thought there was another way for panasonic to deal with this thankyou

Your subscription amount with just answer is in your account deposit of justanswer
if you have any question related to your subscription you can contact our customer care at 0***-***-****