dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

We have a samsung UE32H4500 smart tv purchased less than 6

We have a samsung UE32H4500 smart tv purchased less than 6 months ago and this weekend the smart hub has stopped working even though the internet connection is still working the apps are not. Can this be sorted or have we wasted our money on a not very smart tv? Regards Barbara
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Hi Barbara - could you let me know exactly what happens when you try to access the smart hub?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The smart hub button not working except first attempt when first turning tv on. But the apps dont work except internet.

I can only get the smart apps then to appear at the bottom of the screen by pressing menu button, then smart hub, then open smart hub.

When I then click on any app like amazon instant video nothing happens. The only app that seems to work is the internet app, where I can browse the internet.

I see. And when you try to access the apps to you get any kind of error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

When we click on an app it just goes off the screen with no error message. It just stays on the normal tv channel we were on. Hope that makes sense.

I understand. Could you try disconnecting the TV from the power source for a few minutes so that it can reset, and then connect it again to see if that fixes the issue with the apps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We tried that and they came back properly Laughing we had to try again later for amazon instant video but that is working ok now. Thankyou so much. Feel a bit foolish as know everyone always says with computers to turn them off and on again to see if fixes problem. This is our first tv for years that doesn't have a little standby light showing, when off, but so glad that was the problem and not something more technical or impossible. Thank you so so much, we are happy techno phobs with working tv now, and really appreciate your help. Kind regards Barbara Smile

No problem. Glad I was able to help! Any additional questions regarding this? If not, please do rate with positive feedback here, would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer, and have a great day!