Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Just got the product. All working ok except when in CD function

Just got the product. All working ok except when in CD function and when I put CD in the machine does not read CD and screen says NO
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of the device you are having the problem with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Zennon 6 in 1 HI FI

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ted
To make sure the CD is not at fault here, can you put a different CD into it and tell me if this can be read please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried 5 CDs. Sometimes it says NO after 1/2 flashes, sometimes after 6/7.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What type of CDs are these Ted? Normal Music CD's you purchased or ones you have made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Normal purchased Cds.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the Lens that has faulted in the unit. It is unable to focus and read the CD properly. It is not a formatting issue of the disk.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this Ted, it is normally a very good product, you just had bad luck with this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.