Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Pioneer PDP-R06XE TV. It keeps switching off -

Customer Question

hi.I have a Pioneer PDP-R06XE TV. It keeps switching off - by clicking back into stand by mode? is this fault? can it be repaired?
thanx Gaynor
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if you still have the same problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that - will wait 10mins and put the power back on. ty.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Gaynor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still happening. ty

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How old is the TV Gaynor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

approx 12 yrs old

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
It is the Power board or mainboard that has faulted.
Due to the age of the TV, it is not feasible to get this repair, the cost would exceed a new TV as they are a lot cheaper now days, plus it is likely you will encounter other issues later on just due to its age.
With this type of problem, I advise you to purchase a replacement Gaynor, it is in the long run much more cost effective.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou - I thought as much - but thought I would ask the question. thanx again. Gaynor

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Always best to confirm as you never know
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the rating via the stars at the top of the screen