Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sirs, We have a Samsung TV model 2333HD Type LS23CFVKF/EN The

Customer Question

Sirs,
We have a Samsung TV model 2333HD Type LS23CFVKF/EN
The picture does not show all content on the right or left whether wide screen or standard
i.e. the broadcast picture is wider than the screen is showing meaning information on the side of the picture is not fully visible such as sports data such as F! lap times or tennis scores
Can this be changed ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How TV gets channel signals, through aerial/antenna or any satellite box etc?
- What happens if push P-SIZE button on TV remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem exists on both Sky box and the internal free to view (antenna)

I cannot find a P-SIZE button on my remote

Under TOOLS when I change from 16/9 to standard in both cases the same problem exists

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please check lower right of remote for P-SIZE button located above the PIP button on remote.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can't find a PIP button either.

Remote model no is BN59-00865A

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me check and get back to you in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Donald,
Your remote is bit different as shown on TV user manual page-16...
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200901/20090106093004062/BN59-00785C-Eng.pdf
Please check following link to view an image of Samsung TV remote where P-SIZE button is marked with yellow arrow, try to get similar remote and push that button a few times to select the option that gives best fit picture which will help to resolve the problem.
http://i.imgur.com/xYYSYjn.jpg
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for all your fast responses, I have located a universal remote as you describe and will try that.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Have nice time.