Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a TV/DVD unit model no. 19DV500B. I carried out an automatic

Customer Question

I have a TV/DVD unit model no. 19DV500B. I carried out an automatic channel rescan to find new channels, and when that finished I was asked if I wanted to scan for analogue channels. I entered this and the TV is stuck in this mode. How do I get back out of this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It appears the firmware has crashed. Remove the power to the unit and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it is now functioning correctly please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Situation is still the same. Still in the select analogue stations screen. This TV model must have a 'get out' method.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That should have gotten you out.
You disconnected the power from the wall to the TV correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Let me unplug it and try again. I just turned the power off at the wall. I'll cut the power completely.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please do as this should restart the TV again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Situation is still the same. Still on analogue channel selection screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It goes straight to this the moment it starts correct?
And none of the buttons via the remote do anything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correct. The screen goes directly to this and none of the buttons get me out of this screen. I was wondering if a combination of buttons was needed. And also there is no option to exit on any of the menu pages on this screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** of buttons are needed, you normally can just exit, you would see this on the screen. But regardless, the power off would have done this, which confirms the problem.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.