Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to connect a new pixma mg2950 and have got as far

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a new pixma mg2950 and have got as far as "press the wifi butto for two flashes of the flashing light and then release the wifi button and yellow flashing light will now show steady". It doesn't work. The yellow light simply keeps on flashing.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the make and model of your wifi router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Home Hub 2

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Fred,
On the back of it is a reset button. Using a paperclip, and while it is on, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, then release.
Wait 5 minutes then re-run the installation for the printer and tell me if it now connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The reset button did not work

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How do you mean it did not work? You could not find the reset button? You could not push it in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The reset button is inside a square hole at the back. I tried using a paper clip and also a screwdriver blade but neither had any effect.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did the lights on the Hub go out and then slowly come on one by one when you did this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No there was no effect on the Hub lights. I have just spotted a very faint symbol next to the square hole at the back. I do not know what it means but it looks rather like a three pronged fork with small circles on the end of the splines.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on the side of it, Find the recessed 'Reset to Defaults' button on the side of your Hub
Like its circled in this picture.
http://bt.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/bbhelphh2resetd.png
Let me know when you have found it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found the "reset to defaults" button on the Hub, operated it wjth the end of a paper clip. Lights on the hub went out and recovered one by one. It had no effect on the printer. Does it need time to have effect?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, about 5 minutes, then run the installation for the printer.
Let me know the results please