Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

On my garmin s1 golf watch the down button does not work and

On my garmin s1 golf watch the down button does not work and I can only get Greek golf courses but I cannot default back to factory settings what can I do the watch is 17 months old
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to confirm, if you do this
Power Approach off (Press and hold LIGHT/POWER button until device powers off)
Press and hold DOWN
Press LIGHT/POWER
Release DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?
Select Yes
It is not running the reset as the down button does not function correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's correct
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if the down button wont even work to do this, it will be the connector under it that has failed. your not going to be able to do anything with it that involves the down button as the issue is a hardware fault.
The problem is it only comes with a 1 year warranty and a repair on this exceeds the value of a new watch, as the entire mainboard would need to be replaced.
I am really sorry and please do not shoot the messenger, but with this type of problem you will need to purchase a replacement. Its not a problem you can get around due to it being a hardware fault.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.