Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung laptop will not load. I get following message: File

My Samsung laptop will not load. I get following message:
File \Boot\BCD
Status : 0xc00000e9
Info: An ubexpected I/O error has occurred
What does this mean please>
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step remove the power and battery from the laptop and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Connect the battery and power and then try to turn it on.
Let me know if it then starts please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no luck. I unplugged from the mains> I could not remove battery as never seen where it is. held button down for 60 secs. then pressed to start. same message appeared after 20 secs or so

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are any external devices connected Alan?
EG: Memory sticks, Monitor, Keyboard ect.
If so, can you disconnect everything and then try to turn it on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Np, nothing at all/ It is now sitting on my lap as I communicate through my wife;s laptop

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Power on the Laptop and keep tapping F8. Are you able to get to a menu? Try a few times please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no joy. when it failed last night, i could press F2 to get to Safe Mode but had no idea if that would help. might it/?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the Bios, which is the next step.
So start the Laptop and keep tapping F2 until you get to the Bios
Look for the hard disk setting and changed the drive from a SATA to a PATA or ATA or vice versa (test on each setting)
Tell me if it now starts
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found the Systeminfo tab. Shows SATA port 1 and SATA Port 2. Not clear to me how I change either as downward arrow simply loops

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I believe you press enter on them and / or + - to change.
Else tell me the model and I can see if its detailed. But it should tell you on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. it lets me change machine date if I press ENTER. Model is RF511

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Highlight then F5 / F6 to change the value
If its not working on any of the settings, use F9 to return everything to default then try
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pressing F5 or F6 does nothing. F9 brings up box Load Optimised defaults/ YES is highlighted but if I press ENTER, the box just disappears. Nothing else

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you only have one mode for the hard drive.
Use F9, exit from the Bios and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Back to the first error I reported.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we will try to get to the recovery manager
Power it off
Press and hold on Esc key, and then start Samsung laptop
Note: Please don’t loosen your hand on Esc key until the Samsung laptop starts with restore system.
Are you able to get to the recovery manager doing this, or the error still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A blue box briefly shows but disappears too quickly before power closes off

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the hard drive that has faulted. We have eliminated all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at know cost to you else you are looking at about £200.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer