Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT800. I want to know if the Blu-ray

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT800. I want to know if the Blu-ray can be unlocked for multi-regions. If so how do you go about doing it?
Ron
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
They do not work with codes, so it has to be done with a special remote
http://www.multiregionupgrades.com/bluray/models/dmrbs880.htm
They send the kit to you, you do the mod and then send it back to them and it is then multi region
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I have already visited this web site, and if you read the blur, it quite clearly states that it does not effect the Blu-ray. It only unlocks the normal DVD side of the machine, which mine is already.

NOTE - This modification is only for the DVD-VIDEO playback side of the DMR-BWT800 / DMR-BS880 / DMR-BW880, it will NOT change the BLU-RAY playback code. The BLU-RAY code of A or B will remain unchanged.

I can play multi-region DVD's, but I can't play multi- region Blu-ray's. It's the Blu-ray side I want to unlock, so I can play multi-region Blu-ray DVD's.

Ron

p.s. Can you please send any further responses to *****@******.*** thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That is all that can be unlocked for this player Ron, the Blueray you cannot.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You got the cheek to take £27 from me for telling me nothing. You first gave me mis-information, by giving me a website that didn't unlock Blu-ray, (which my question was specifically about) then told me nothing could be done and you want £27 for that. That's outrageous. I wouldn't have minded if you had told me how to go about unlocking my Blu-ray, but telling me that nothing could be done isn't worth paying any money for.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I told you how to unlock the player which only the DVD component can be locked.
I can only tell you the reality of the situation, I cannot just make up an answer sorry, that is not really, even if we would like to both hear it.
I feel we have discussed this a few times, and its not going to change the facts of the situation that the Bluray component cannot be done, (I never said it could be).
If there is anything else you require, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I didn't ask you for information regarding the unlocking of the DVD component, as it was already unlocked. I was quite specific that I wanted the Blu-ray done.

So taking £27 for telling me that it could be done I think is a rip off.

If you had said from the outset, sorry Ron but on this model it can't be done so don't waste your money, I would have been more than happy with that, more than happy. But you didn't, you put me onto a web site that had nothing to do with my question, which was specifically related to Blu-ray and nothing else.

Ron

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Take care Ron and all the best