Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a KDL-32EX723 TV. In Operating Instructions, (troubleshooting),

I have a KDL-32EX723 TV. In Operating Instructions, (troubleshooting), it talks of standby indicator flashing - exactly like mine. Number of flashes is 4. (Currently TV is off with AC power cord disconnected, as directed in Operating Instructions). What to do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How long have you left it disconnected from the Mains?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Maximum 10 minutes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, leave it disconnected and while it is, hold the power button in for 60 seconds, then release.
Then connect the power and turn it on and tell me exactly what happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same thing. TV turns on for a few seconds then shuts down

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David
It is the internal power that has faulted. It will be a blown capacitor on it which when charged shorts out and this is why it shuts down.
I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.