Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Hitachi TV connected through a Bush recorder/

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Hitachi TV connected through a Bush recorder/ receiver, when I turn them on the TV screen reads No video available, and I can't clear it.....
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which model Bush recorder you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a bush DVB-t2 PVR MPEG4
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you remove the power to both the recorder and the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power to the recorder and turn it on, wait 5 minutes, connect power to the TV, turn it on and tell me if it now functions please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No change still says no video available....
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try to reset the Bush.
Tell me please if you can do these steps and if so what results.
Press the Menu Button to enter the Main Menu and then select the Setting, System Setup and then Factory Default.
Press the OK Button and enter the correct the PIN code and press the OK Button again to confirm your selection, the factory default data will be loaded and begin to reset your Set Top Box Settings. All setting will be cleared.
NOTE: Factory default PIN is “0000”.
When done, tell me please if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't get any read out from the bush box when I press the menu button, just channel numbers 0101.....which is how it always starts.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To be sure, change the batteries in the remote, do you then get it to respond?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have recently changed batteries in both remotes....
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory then in the Bush recorder that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.