Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX83EB Dvd Recorder and a similar DMR-EX78.Whilst

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX83EB Dvd Recorder and a similar DMR-EX78.Whilst resetting the codes on the two remotes it transpired that one remote was altered to Dvd 2 the other to Dvd 3 and neither would work either Dvd.I have checked the batteries and restored the
Dvd Recorders to factory setting without effect.I cannot operate either Dvd with the remotes and cannot access hard drives,,but canplay dvds manually.What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- please operate the DVD with remote and check what message appears on DVD front display like DVD-1 or DVD-2 etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - I could have said already.One Dvd shows Dvd-2,the other Dvd-3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - I could have said already.One Dvd shows Dvd-2,the other Dvd-3.I presume the Dvd recorders had set to Dvd-1 and in any event

would have done so if factory settings were restored.You are the expert but I have wondered if the remotes will need external attention.I have

tried every button on them.Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Colin for the info and sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.
Pick the related remote that one DVD shows DVD-2, press OK/Enter and #2 buttons on remote at same time for 5 seconds, release the buttons and push OK/Enter again, now check the remote that should work on this DVD recorder.
Also, Pick the related remote that one DVD shows DVD-3, press OK/Enter and #3 buttons on remote at same time for 5 seconds, release the buttons and push OK/Enter again, now check the remote that should work on this DVD recorder.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.