Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ49V DVD/VHS recorder which is not

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ49V DVD/VHS recorder which is not recording very well on VHS and has problems sometimes reading DVD`s.
I bought it May 2010. Can it be repaired, and at what cost?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Whats the problem it has reading VHS Tapes?
And how did you clean it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

VHS tapes are not recording and have poor quality viewing.

Cleaned with normal tape spray and shammy as I have for many years with success on other VHS.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Doug,
The head on the VHS will be failing then. The DVD if this is having problems will be pointing to the Lens as failing.
These units are still pretty expensive, even secondhand which you can see here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00B49A27W/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished
So a repair is feasible. Use my link below and find the closest repair center to your current location.
http://panasonic.eu/ServiceCenter/en_GB/index_uk.html
You can then organise to take it in and have an assessment done on the cost of repair and decide from there is you wish to get it repaired. Keep in mind the warranty Doug which will only be a few months following a repair.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.