Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My ue 46 7000 3d tv is not powering up ,ive checked the plug

Customer Question

my ue 46 7000 3d tv is not powering up ,ive checked the plug etc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It can be caused by residue power or a faulty power socket.
Can you remove the plug from the power socket for the TV then wait 10 minutes.
Then plug it into a different power outlet and try to turn it on.
If it wont start, tell me if you see any recognition from the TV that it is detecting power.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive done all that already

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Chris, I did not see that in what was already tried.
Have you tried to turn to TV on at the actual TV itself as opposed to via the remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, unplug everything from the TV except the power, so no HDMI or RCA cables and then try to turn it on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

already done that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, remove the power cable and hold the power button on the TV in for 60 seconds then release to remove all residue power.
Then connect the power cable and then try to turn on the TV.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal power board that has faulted. It will be a blown capacitor if the TV is getting no power at all.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

am I being charged for this

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.
This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.
You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do.
If you need anything else, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's a rip off ,it said satisfaction guaranteed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not sure why your responding in such an aggressive and mean manner Chris.
If you wanted a free service and did not want to actually pay for the services received then you can get a refund here. No need to communicate in this way.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
But its not how we should talk to each other
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sorry but all the things you said too do I had already done

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
In the future you should tell all the things you have done rather then just say you "checked plugs" when asked in "Already Tried".
Then I would not have had to go through all the processes with you to have you tell me at the end I am a rip off when confirming the problem and telling you what you had to do to fix it.
Not really nice, but anyway you have all the information you need and can go get your refund.