Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My lumix Dmc fx8 when turn on, the zoom comes right out. I

My lumix Dmc fx8 when turn on, the zoom comes right out. I am unable to take pictures or review taken pictures. Also when I go to scene menu, it does not stop scrolling.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and hold the shutter down for 60 seconds, then release.
Then put the battery back in, turn on the camera and tell me if it now functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. But it did not work. The same problem again
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, when the Zoom has extended, try to push it back in which can get the gearing to work again and allow the camera to function.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't push it back in without forcing it!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then the gearing has jammed.
Are you able to operate the menu at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I can't operate the menu at all. When I go to review pictures, I only can see a picture taken out 125, but I am unable to operate backwards and forwards menu buttons.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you take out the batteries and the memory card.
Then without the memory card in the camera, wait 2 minutes, put the batteries back in and turn on the camera.
Tell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The zoom stills comes right out as soon as I turned the camera on. So it does not work! I have not put the memory card back in yet
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.