michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My Toshiba TV has been working perfectly or three years.

My Toshiba TV has been working perfectly for two or three years. In the course of putting a programme into a Goodman recorder, some thing seemed to happen and the result is that we have no sound. The TV is working perfectly except there is no sound. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Tv and recorder.
check this video this will help you identify the cabling and connect the recorder to your tv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf_-ofKKclk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Firstly, connecting the two machines is not the problem.

The recorder is OK and the TV is OK except that there is no sound.

I am not capable of plugging coloured things into sockets. I don't even believe there are such connections on that back of the TV. And secondly, I don't want to subscribe to anything. I will pay the £20 for nothing and seek help elsewhere. .

un plug the recorder and then check the sound setting in the tv menu, check for mute on the tv remote as well as the volume control using the remote as well as the tv volume button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have unplugged the recorder from the TV. It was a scart plug, the aerial and one other. Using the TV menu, I then checked the sound buttons and moved each setting. I also checked the volume buttons down the side of the TV and moved the sound level slightly to check, but there is still no sound.

remove any other device thats connected to the tv except the set top box and then check
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have a DVD player so I pulled out the scart lead, checked the sound settings on the TV remote and down the side of the TV. And then I replaced the scart lead in the DVD, checked the sound and it is still dead.

What next, please?

If the sound is still dead then it is the tv which is not producing the sound from the sound board inside however this is more than just a resetting step.
This will require a repair of the faulty sound board inside and if your tv is under warranty the you can call Toshiba service center to get it repaired for free of cost if its under warranty. If out of warranty then you will have to get it repaired from any local technician.