*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Zumo 350 GPS and the touch screen is very temperamental

Customer Question

I have a Zumo 350 GPS and the touch screen is very temperamental to the point of being unusable
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.You will need to perform a master reset on the Zumo. Please follow these steps>Start with the device turned off and unplugged from powerTo verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the devicePlace and hold your finger in the bottom right corner of the touchscreenPower the device OnRelease the power button after the device powers OnContinue to hold your finger on the touchscreen until the device rebootsAnother option to perform a master reset for these devices:Touch View MapTouch the Speed iconTouch and hold the speedometer for approximately 5 secondsRelease your touch when the Diagnostics Page displaysTouch Clear all user dataTouch Yes when prompted to "Erase all user data?"The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts to set your locale and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.*..Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help......Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance....After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried your ideas before, I think I know the problem and for 37 euros (by the way a Euro is a small Australian Kangaroo) I could let you in on the secret but as you probably could not afford 37 euros her it is. The EU seem to be liking Aussie things as the European Economic Community EMU is an Australian flight less bird called a Emu.

The GPS played up 2 years ago, same problem, so I asked myself if there was any factors that were the same and it was that I had ridden through heavy rain with my waterproof(?) GPS. I dried it out and guess what it seems to be working ok now. so do not let it get wet.

Anthony

Thats great news!
Thanks for letting me know.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!