Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung Galaxy tab 4 wont fully charge,overheats and shuts

My Samsung Galaxy tab 4 wont fully charge,overheats and shuts itself down.The battery life is useless,30-45 minutes.I had a new battery installed 2 weeks ago,but that has not made any difference,the same problems keep occurring,what should I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There can be two causes for this, either the mainboard in the Tab has faulted or the firmware is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled.
To confirm, have you done a factory reset of the Tab yet in the steps you have already undertaken to try to solve this? Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no,just a new battery installed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks James.
We will need to do a factory reset of the Tab to rule this out. This will wipe all data off the Tab and return it to new, so first backup any data off the Tab first as this removes all data and returns it to new.
Then do the following
From any home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Select the General tab.
Tap Backup and reset.
Under 'BACKUP AND RESTORE, review these settings:
Back up my data
Backup account
Automatic restore
Under 'PERSONAL DATA,' tap Factory data reset.
Tap Reset device.
Confirm device lock PIN or password ***** one is set, then tap Continue.
Tap Delete all.
The device shuts down, restarts, and takes you to the startup menu.
Once completed, use the Tab and tell me if your still having the problem please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reset the tablet,but while signing in to google,it shut down and restarted again.it now shuts down over and over again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks James, it confirms the problem
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted and will be the power module on this.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tab to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.