Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR, can see network when searching but can't

SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR, can see network when searching but can't connect
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To be sure, are you referring to the mobile network or to the wifi networks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wfi net is fine

mobile net has a problem, it is the 3 network uk, i have registered the phone and a new sim last week

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter,
Dod the phone originally come from the 3 Network? Or did you purchase it from somewhere else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not from 3 network, purchased outside uk but last used 2 years ago perfectly fine but not now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, from where did you purchase it and on which networks has it worked on Peter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it has worked on the 3 network before now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to settings, applications, look under the list ALL for google services framework
press it and press clear data
Then restart the phone and tell me if it now connects please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried what you suggested can see 3 network but can't connect

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Whats the exact error it gets when it tries to connect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried 'app manager' then under 'show cached processes'

'google services' i selected

there 2 options to select stop on the google services

then restarted the phone

no luck could see 3 net but 'try again later message'

my phone is the star gt s5282

if i look under 'all' after selecting app manager i see an extensive list of files

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. its under ALL that you need to find Google Services Framework (not just Google Services)
Not under Show Cache processes.
Ill repeat the instructions Peter, please follow them specifically as they are listed.
press it and press clear data
Then restart the phone and try again.
If you cant follow the instructions due to a reason, please tell me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unable to connect try later is the message

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will need to reset the phone to rule out the firmware as this issue.
This will remove all data (eg: Contacts, photos ect) and return the phone to new, but this we cannot avoid so please first backup any data from the phone first.
Then to do the reset, Go to menu: Setting > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset device
Choose Erase Everything
Let this complete, setup the phone again and tell me please if it now connects to the network.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

same again, unable to connect try later msg

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is either the SIM card, the SIM port or the GSM antenna that has faulted, we have ruled out all other causes for this.
To confirm which is at fault, you will need to request from 3 network a new sim card which they usually supply at no cost.
You will put this sim card into the phone and then see if on this sim card it connects. (else if you have another phone there you can try to connect with that phone and the sim card in the star and see if it connects).
If you still have the problem though it is either the SIM port or antenna that is faulting and in this case you would need to have the phone replaced.
It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. but the phone would need to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.