Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why does my galxey ace 4 keep changing time and date and swictching

why does my galxey ace 4 keep changing time and date and swictching off av changed the battery dun the factory reset but still the same plz help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When it switches off, does it power off instantly, or shuts down like when you choose to shut it down from the menu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it just shuts it self off in my pocket time and date change then you have to take battery out to re start

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul and I wont mislead you
It is the mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But you have ruled this out by reinstalling it. Whats happening is the board is shorting out which messes the memory which is why the time and date reset and the phone stalls due to a build up of residue power, which is why the battery needs to come out and then put back in to clear the power and allow it to turn on again. Its not a software problem but a hardware issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the phone is on contract with orange but is not insured but is under a year old will it have a years warranty on it ?will they try fob me off

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Insurance is not needed Paul, its under warranty, they have to replace the phone, this is a legal requirement as 100% the phone is faulty.
Insurance is only when you caused this problem (eg: Dropped it, water damage ect) you did not and the warranty covers this.