Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just purchased an Epson-760 printer which is great.

I have just purchased an Epson-760 printer which is great. Unfortunately I have just taken a print having placed the photo paper the wrong way round and as a result there are black parallel lines on subsequent prints (fading but still discernible on a light background). Obviously I need to clean something but am struggling with the manual - could you please advise. thank you. Frankie
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
you will need to clean the nozzles on the printer.
Epson have a video for this and you can follow it on my link below
Click me to view
this will take you through the cleaning procedure to get it printing correctly again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having watched the video I'm not sure that the problem is in the print heads. Because the machine printed a photo on the wrong side of the paper there was a lot of wet ink. I think some of this has transferred to one of the rollers (are there rollers?) but only in one area. Initially subsequent prints - about 3 - had 2 almost continuous thin black lines, about 1" apart, running lengthwise on one side. After a couple more prints these have almost disappeared but there is some 'ghosting' still on prints with a light background. Is this a print head issue or something different?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It can be a number of issues Frankie, which is why I want you to first do the cleaning process please as its the most common cause for this.
If its the rollers, you would let them dry out for an hour and it will correct it, but I advise you please to first do the instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem happened yesterday so it has had plenty of time to dry out. Will now try the head cleaning and let you know how I get on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Falling at the first hurdle! I am using a Mac. To print I go to File and click on print. The name of my printer shows at the top but there is no 'Options' to click on next so therefore I cannot find 'Printer Properties' How do I access this first step to follow the instructions please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
For the Mac, you need to click on Utilities which is the icon with the Wrench and Screw Driver, in the Print or Page Setup dialog box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have found the Wrench and Screwdriver icon on the display panel of the printer, from there found 'Cleaning the printhead' and the machine is now going through the process. Cannot find anything similar in the print or Page Setup dialog box on my computer though. Ok, have completed the cleaning and taken a print which looks fine as there are no missing dots. However, there is a very small black dot in the centre lower quarter of the Yellow panel. Is this significant?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This may be indicating ink levels, but not significant
But the print out is now looking find correct?
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer