Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When i turn on my Lumix tz 30 the lens does not come out and

When i turn on my Lumix tz 30 the lens does not come out and a system error (zoom) is reported on screen. Please helllpppp.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the battery from the camera and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then put the battery back in and tell me if it now turns on and starts correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried and still the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Andy
The battery may be too low to correctly push out the Zoom. Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will force a reset. Hold down shutter, with zoom to W position for 10 seconds then release and tell me please if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still no joy. Remains the same (system error zoom).
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue Andy
It is the internal drive motor or gearing in the camera that has faulted, we have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.