Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung TV which is no longer under warranty. Today

I have a Samsung TV which is no longer under warranty. Today the sound turned itself up to 100%. I cannot adjust this either with the remote or by the controls on the side of the screen. Can you help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV by unplugging it from the power socket and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then plug it back into the power, turn on the TV and tell me if it is now functioning correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi.This appears to have worked. However, when it first happened I was able to use the remote to turn the volume down. About 15mins later the volume again adjusted itself and it was at this point I was unable to adjust. Do you think that this time all has been resolved?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes very likely, it is normally was a build up of residue power Angela, and the more it builds up (remember the TV is never truly off unless its unplugged) the more issues that can start to occur.
But I have marked this question to never close, so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.