Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My tv has failed after 21 months it had a 12 month garentee

My tv has failed after 21 months it had a 12 month garentee .can i still make a claim
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No sorry, once the warranty fails, then there is no way to make a claim, but maybe its a cheap fix for the problem.
Whats the issue with the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its as cheap to buy new as a repair

shouldnt i expect it to last a reasonable amount of time

Dosent the sale of goods act cover it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Only as long as the warranty David. They tell you upfront about the warranty period or you ask about it and then it is up to you whether you choose to purchase it. Standard is 2 years, but they are allowed to as with a lot of electronic products, offer 1.
I never go for anything less then 2.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.