Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My HTC One Mini2 has frozen with screen on and HTC logos showing.

Customer Question

My HTC One Mini2 has frozen with screen on and HTC logos showing. It will not perform a hard reset
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you able to actually get to the recovery screen where you perform a factory reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you mean a screen where i have some choices or selections to make, then no. All I have is the white screen showing with htc one in the middle and powered by android at the bottom

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Gina
Can you do the following please.
Hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then release which releases all residue power.
Then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Tell me if you are able to accomplish this or it still gets stuck on the white screen please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will do that now.

Incidentally I keep getting a screen on my computer that asks me for my email address so that you can contact me. i enter it and then enter it in the second box which asks me to verify my email. Then it comes up with a red notice saying it belongs to another member and then keeps prompting me to enter my email! I am not having a very successful techie day! In case we get cut off my email address is***@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks Gina, but just stick to this method of messaging and it will be ok.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I held the power button down for 1 minute - nothing happened the screen remained the same. So I held it down for 90 seconds with same result but I went ahead and held the down volume and power button but nothing happened. I still have the same screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has completely faulted. Once the battery runs out its not going to start again.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh dear. I have paid £20 by PayPal. Does that charge still stand?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
that's the deposit you made Gina for the service I provided to you. I can only go through all the causes for this and either resolve or confirm the problem and this is what you paid for.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand the terms Richie, but I feel reluctant to rate as good service so forgive me if I don't do that. It isn't personal as I understand that you have to go through the procedures, but as I had told you that it refused to do a hard reset, I am sure you understand my perception of £20 being a costly some for an instruction to hold the power button down for 60 seconds.

Gina

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you do not wish for me to be compensated or I provided you a good service, for going through the only steps available and confirming the problem for you, then thats up to your Gina.
Just note, by this train of thought, no one would have picked up your question, worked with you and confirmed the problem, so you would not have had confirmation on the problem.