Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Haveing trouble with the black ink in my printer brand new

haveing trouble with the black ink in my printer brand new kodak cartridge cleaned printer heads seveal times just will not print in black
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

kodak espc315

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you does the old cartridge do the same thing? Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes several times

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean it? Did you do it by hand? Did you remove the print head when you cleaned it? Is the color working?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

through the printer clean head cleaning

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no did not work

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Next remove the print head from the machine.

Take only the print head and soak it in warm water then wait 10 minutes. Repeat this after waiting 10 minutes with fresh water. Keep doing that until the water is clear after waiting 10 minutes. Do not test it yet but put the print head and ink back in. Run the built in cleaning once and then test it. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.