Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a pentax 35mm SLR film camera but the light meter indicator

I have a pentax 35mm SLR film camera but the light meter indicator remains fixed at the horizontal. I have put in a new battery but it makes no difference. The camera is nearly 30 years old and has not been used for the last few years. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and hold the shutter down for 60 seconds then release to drain all residue power.
Then put the battery back in, and tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sadly it has made no difference. I fear it might have been that the old battery was discharging?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That can be the case Malcolm, but due to the age of it, its not going to be repairable sorry, there is just no one that will repair as the costs would exceed the value of what you can get the equivalent at today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I rather feared that but thanks for your help!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did reply and fully accept your conclusion. Sadly! Thanks for excellent service it has saved me a lot of bother and I guess I'll have to look for a new camera and one which can accept the telephoto attachment

Bruce MacEacharn

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bruce,
To actually do the rating, you need to please click one of the stars at the top of the screen and submit or if you see a smiley face, one of these.
this is so I am rated and receive compensation accordingly.
Let me know if you have any difficulties doing this please.