Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

This may be a strange request as it has been going on since

This may be a strange request as it has been going on since the BBC channel changes a few years ago. The model number of my television is LE32B53OP7W. When I turn off the TV, which is in my bedroom, I lose all BBC channels and some other Freeview channels however ITV, Channels 4 and 5 remain okay. I have to retune to get the TV to get them back. This doesn't cause me major problem as it only takes a couple of minutes but can be annoying. I have a TV, (not Samsung), in kitchen which retunes okay so I bought the bedroom one down and after retuning, it still loses BBC channels. Is there a setting on the TV that may need changing or is it a possible fault with the TV.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this is the TV itself that is causing this so we will see what the issue is (and not a strange request at all as I get this one quite a bit),
First, remove the power to the TV and let it sit for 10 minutes. So disconnect it from the power socket.
then connect the TV to the power, turn on the TV and retune it.
Then off and back on and tell me if it still has the problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the same problem occurs. I expected this as I turn the power off when I go away, which I recently did, and still have to retune.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will attempt to reset the firmware on the TV to rule this out as the cause.
Go to the setup menu and then hold the EXIT button for 10 seconds then release.
If your asked to retune again, do this and once done, test and tell me please Alan if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Presumably the set up menu is the menu where I go when I want to retune etc. If so I have done this and the same problem occurs.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That is correct Alan and this now confirms the issue.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. The memory is not being written too correctly so when it loses power it goes back to the ROM which is the "new" condition which is why you need to retune.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced in order to fix this. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will rate your service, which has been excellent, once I have completed the text. You have confirmed my thoughts. Just one thing is that I noticed on the choice of electronic services that is was set at £24pm and I couldn't delete it. I do not want a monthly plan at all. Could you confirm that please this has not been set up.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is only an optional service Alan, so as long as you do not sign up for it, then you do not have it. It is just an offer they made.
If you did sign up for it, email***@******.*** to have it cancelled.
This is no problem.
Let me know if I can help you with anything else please