Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Printer ink low light flashs, but carriage will not move over

printer ink low light flashs, but carriage will not move over when button pressed to allow new inks to be inserted
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer and wait 5 minutes (so disconnect it from the power socket).
Then connect the power, turn on the printer and tell me if the carriages now move over correctly please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

carriage still will not move over

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, while its on, try to force the carriage over a bit.
Can you get it to budge John?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried to force it, but no luck

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John
It is the drive motor or gearing that has faulted. We just to get it unstuck and remove the residue power from it which can cause this, which confirms the problem.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.