Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have forgotten my screen pin on my Samsung Galaxy Note

Hi I have forgotten my screen pin on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge; how do I overcome this issue without losing my information by doing a hard reset. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.
If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.
Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.
Hold the power button down until it is completly off
With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up key.
While holding down the Volume Up key, press and hold the Home key.
While holding both the Volume Up key and the Home keys, press and hold the Power key.
Release all three keys when the Recovery Booting message is displayed in the top left corner and the Galaxy Note Edge logo appears in the center of the screen.
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.
With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes -- delete all user data, and then press the Power key.
Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.
The device will restart.
You can then set it up again.
I then advise you install Kies on your computer and via Kies, regularly backup the phone to avoid this occurring again.
You can get Kies here
http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.