Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My LG 55LN575V TV won't turn on, I push the power button

Customer Question

My LG 55LN575V TV won't turn on,
I push the power button it comes on for a sec the red light flashes twice and then turns off again.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Did you purchase the set brand new from an Authorized Retailer?
Additionally, once the set shuts itself down, does the Standby light on the TV begin to blink?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When did the problem occur? The problem occoured over night

Was it after a storm or power outage?I am unsure

Did you purchase the set brand new from an Authorized Retailer?I purchased this set from http://www.askdirect.co.uk/

Additionally, once the set shuts itself down, does the Standby light on the TV begin to blink?It blinks twice and then nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
remove the power and hold the power button on the TV for 60 seconds, then release.
Then connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me please if it now functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is now working Cool

What do you think caused the problem? Do you think it will return?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It was a build up of residue power, it can happen with any electronic device, it will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I’m glad to have responded successfully to the trust you placed in JustAnswer. I would be very proud to have your opinion shown publicly as a sign of good service to other customers.
To give your opinion which would be greatly appreciated, just visit the link below:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/justanswer.co.uk
Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is back to not turning on. :(

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok
It is the internal power board that's faulting then. We were able to get it to go for some time with the previous procedure, but it is at fault and needs to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.