Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My toshiba TV sound works 5-10 minutes before it

Hi my toshiba TV sound works for only 5-10 minutes before it goes of.. Pictures always fine and have to unplug and plug back in to get sound for again 5-10 minutes before going off again ? Help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model number is ***** I have and Xbox 360 connected through HDMI and a freebies box which is connected to TV by scart lead tried changing the leads and unplugging the scart and just using the Xbox but still goes off whatever source I use
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tom for the info.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check sound output?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've tried this and no the sound still goes off after so long
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, it seems sound processor chip has got internal failure and causing the problem, this chip is mounted on main board of TV and entire main board swapping is needed, required main board would be available around 20 Pounds at following supplier if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-BOARD-FOR-TOSHIBA-32BV501B-32-LCD-TV-17MB45M-3-141209-SCREEN-LTA320AP06-/361301495080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item541f3f4d28
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.