Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Brother AX-25 electronic typewriter can be turned on but

My Brother AX-25 electronic typewriter can be turned on but nothing works. When I open the top cover the display reads "Top cover open" but that is to ONLY display that I can get
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Turn off the typewriter, open the top-cover and inspect the area around the carrier for any damage or foreign objects.

Move the carrier towards the center of the machine. When moving the carrier manually, it should be difficult to move, but it will move under steady pressure. If the carrier moves freely, the drive mechanism may not be connected properly.

Remove the ribbon and inspect the cartridge for damage. Turn the colored knob on the left side of the cartridge to remove any slack from the ribbon.

Check the correction tape to insure that it has not become tangled ordamaged.
Close the top-cover and turn if back on.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.