Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Forgot my password ***** my kindle paper white

forgot my password ***** my kindle paper white
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Do you mean the passcode screen? If you do unfortunately we would need to reset the device to get back into it.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to put in my password ***** it keeps coming back saying password ***** correct

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It seems you missed my reply so here it is again just in case:

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Freddy

I do not know what you mean by passcode screen not very computer savvy all I can tell you is I am trying to connect my kindle paper white to wifi and it is asking for my password ***** every time I put it in it comes back and says incorrect password

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok the Kindle paperwhite has a pass code screen as well but has nothing to do with the WiFi. What internet provider do you have? Did they set up your WiFi router or did you?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My internet provider is sky and I set it up myself

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok do you use wep or wpa for a password ***** on your WiFi? If you did not set that there should be a sticker on the router that says which you use.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On my router there is a sticker that says ssid and a network key but I do not see any ref to wpa or wep

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That actually is it, thank you for checking. Please use what it says as network key as the password ***** your Kindle. SSID should say your WiFi networks name. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have tried what you suggested typed in my net.key and it has still come back incorrect password

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Did you choose the network on the kindle from the list that matches the SSID on the router? Did you match the case on the network key? It can be case sensitive.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did use the the network the matches the ssid yes I did know that it is case sesitive

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok is there any chance you changed the password? If not the Kindle itself could be the problem and to find out for sure we would need to try a different network.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not aware of changing the password ***** have been using it for the past year without a problem I phoned amazon because I had not received two books thatn I ordered and that's when it all started

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Is there any way you can test somewhere with free wifi like a coffee shop for me?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will try later on and get back to you many thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok and you're welcome.
.